Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Last Year to Now

This last year of my life has been both great and crazy. When i moved to back to Southern Illinois to be a part of starting the Journey i had no clue what i was getting into. I knew that i loved to preach the bible and i also knew all the things that "we" would do different.
Learning to pastor has not been just a learning curve it have been more like a learning mountain. The first six months seemed to be so great and i was strolling along really good. At that point i had read a ton on church planting and on pastoring. I have come to find out that reading and experiencing can sometimes can be a little different. For the last few months i have come to feel and know the tremendous responsibility, joy, and burden of pastoring. On top of feeling this great responsibility i have also been praying about the direction of our church. There has been a battle in me as to what the best things would be for our people and our area. I was thinking and praying through many things. Thoughts of "Is doing the Journey the best thing for our area" have been prevalent in my brain. These are weird thoughts i know because any church planter would love to be in the spot we are in right now. We are growing tremendously, we have money in our budget, i am full-time, and we have the support of other churches. Still there has been a war in my head about what is best. I know have come to "Know" for sure that pastoring the Journey and moving forward as a body is what this area needs. I look forward to our many years together (Lord Willing)living out the Great Commission together.

My prayer for us as we move forward is that we would simply be obedient.

1 comment:

cindywinters28 said...

Jared just listen to the still small voice that comes from the Lord and he will tell you what you are to do. so proud of you, you are doing good. cindy